Monday, July 12, 2010

Introductions.

Well, I'm new. I'm Ashley's "little" sister-in-law, though in my mind, there's no in-law attached to that. My interest in cooking began in little place called Paris, not because of the food I was eating (though one day I'll need to learn how to make baguettes), but because of necessity. Life was expensive, and cooking for myself became a necessity. And I figured out I enjoyed it.
It was fun picking out exactly what I wanted to eat, how I wanted to cook it, etc. This summer, I moved into my first house and have been cooking (and baking) up a storm. Cooking for myself means I know exactly what I'm putting into my body. Not to say that I'm a health crazy, but it's nice knowing exactly how much of everything I'm eating.
Ash has become a constant part of my cooking adventures - she gets pictures (thanks bbm!) of all my feats, and her birthday presents have become staples in my kitchen. Her words of wisdom (and encouragement) don't hurt either. All in all, I'm thankful for her in my cooking adventures!
Much more to come (including pictures of our 4th of July flag cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment